SNA for Online Social Networks
As the massive power of social networking sites such as Facebook evolves, it is increasingly clear how vital Social Network Analysis (SNA) has become in analysing the massive amounts of data gathered from such sites.
Idiro Technologies are global pioneers in SNA and we are now using our knowledge and experience to utilise the benefits of SNA for social networking. We support social network providers in the development of CRM and retention, particularly in relation to advertisers. Our expertise enables us to quantify the viral influence level of each social network user and use this for targeting advertising.
Idiro has a wealth of experience in building sophisticated social graphs of real-world communities to create improved social graphs, which are specifically relevant to advertisers. This allows better targeting of advertisements based on Idiro’s SNA measures of homophily, viral influence and viral pressure.
Our contagion-based targeting model allows us to predict user churn based on analysing user behaviour:
1. Key influencers are identified within specific communities and are targeted.
2. As these users take up the advertised offer, their close friends (where significant homophily exists) are targeted.
3. The process is repeated as the proposition virus spreads within and between social network graphs.
We measure the virality of each campaign and compare results across campaigns. This allows us to measure extra uptake outside the target group and to provide target lists for follow-up campaigns.
The key benefits of SNA for social network advertisers are:
- Higher campaign uptake
- Improved campaign reporting
- Reduction in advertiser churn